The Data Engineer II will be part of a team responsible for designing, building, optimizing, and maintaining our data and data pipeline architecture. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer II will be responsible to ensure data consistency, integrity and traceability while maintaining the highest level of data protection and security. The Data Engineer II must be comfortable supporting multiple teams, systems, and projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and Duties
• Analyze and organize raw data from multiple sources
• Design, build or implement data pipelines along with supporting infrastructure
• Create data processing architectures supporting the entire data lifecycle
• Assemble large, complex datasets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
• Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
• Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
• Build algorithms and prototypes
• Build automations and repeatable patterns to improve data processing efficiency
• Support maintenance of existing data pipelines and architectures with a view to optimization
• Identify opportunities for data acquisition
• Lead and support several data efforts simultaneously
• Understand business needs and objectives
• Maintain strict data security controls and standards
• Collaborate with data scientists and analytics teams
• Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
• Adhere to data management best practices and maintain detailed documentation
• Proven experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with raw, structured, and unstructured datasets.
• Experience building and supporting processes for data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• 5+ years in data engineering experience
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Passionate about solving real problems
• Project management experience and able to work closely with project managers
• Self-assured and results oriented professional with an ownership mentality
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills both virtually and in person
• Able to manage and support numerous complex projects simultaneously
• Experience in day-to-day team management
• Experience working with geographically disperse teams
• Experience including design and build with ETL, ELT tools and workflows
• Experience including design and build with scripting in a data engineering context (Python experience a plus)
• Experience including design and build with common database technologies including SQL, NoSQL, Parquet
• Experience including design and build with cloud-based database and data pipeline technologies (Azure experience a plus)
• Experience with version control and dev ops pipelines
OnProcess is on a mission – to transform and drive the world’s circular service supply chains – for brilliant customer experiences, efficiencies at the speed of digital, and more sustainable ‘circular economy’ processes.
At OnProcess, we encourage a collective sense of engagement, affirmation and belonging, where everyone is proud to be a member of our company. As a global business, we recognize our ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world – both in the marketplace and in the workplace – is critical to our long-term sustainability. That’s why we are committed to a company-wide culture that understands that diversity, equity, and inclusion is essential.