Planning Tool Super User/SME
The Planning tool Super User, will provide guidance to the organization for the most effective use of the SPM planning tool. Provide day to day support for planners for use of the system, including researching and resolving complex business needs and questions. Understand business needs and develop solutions for implementation in the planning tools. Make system configuration, access, business rule, and other updates as needed to support the planning team and mission.
- Research, design, and develop processes to optimize productivity and workflow
- Examine existing processes and suggest improvements
- Create and develop new procedures and processes
- Collect data for analysis to uncover areas for improvements and innovation
- Analyze, evaluate, and test new and existing processes
- Use process simulation software and tools to determine the best production methods
- Oversee implementation of new processes and procedures
- Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations
- Document all process changes
- Demonstrated competency / expertise as a Service Parts Planning tool Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Support Planners in day to day use of the planning system, including troubleshooting of data, function, and configuration settings
- Perform necessary updates of planning system for access, configuration, business rule application, and advanced system settings to meet business needs and goals
- Demonstrated superior performance solving problems with Senior Executives in Client organizations
- Manage report development
- Escalation of issues
- Respond to client ad hoc production of client reporting
- Act as a point of accountability to client for programs function
- Presentation of results both internally to sales executives and externally in formal client reviews
- Budgetary responsibility
- Adheres to the parameters set by the budget within the business function
- Process analysis/efficiency
- Work with internal groups to determine requirements/ongoing refinement of client service tools/technologies
- Oversee management of documentation
- Program guides/Production metric
- 5-7 years of overall planning experience, with a specific focus on service parts planning and prior experience of PTC, Syncron, SAP, or Baxter planning systems strongly desired
- Solid analytical problem solving and multi-tasking abilities
- Minimum of 3 years purchasing and planning / scheduling experience with product manufacturers and/or service parts manufacturers or servicers
- Must have MS Office (especially Excel, Access) experience.
- PTC or SAP planning module experience is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of forecasting, supply vs. demand analysis, available to promise calculations, cycle times and inventory management
- Proven supervisory experience
- Experienced in the delivery of both internal and external presentations
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field
- Available to travel up to 5% of the time
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to lift, bend, etc.
- Must possess sight/hearing/speech senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.