This new and exciting position will serve a key and formative role at OnProcess Technology. With our mission “to power the world’s circular service supply chains”, the head of Sustainability will be responsible for helping us turn our mission into practical reality by creating and developing our short and long-term sustainability strategies, recommending key measures, metrics, and sustainability goals, and ensuring our organization’s impact on global sustainability is fully realized and communicated.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The role will work with three main stakeholder groups within the company:
- HR. We want to “walk the talk” and define and communicate internally and externally our own bold sustainability initiatives and goals. This will in turn be key to increasing the engagement of our own employees as well as attract new additional talent
- Product. The products and services we provide can have a profound impact on our clients’ own sustainability footprints. We want to encourage this positively with new and deeper product capabilities that help our clients not only measure, but hit and exceed their sustainability goals. In short we want to be their recognized partner in supply chain sustainability.
- Sales and Marketing. We want the world to know we are serious about sustainability and the circular economy, that we know what we are talking about, are viewed as thought leaders, and encourage the broader supply chain world to think similarly. That will require us to talk about it, network with suitable bodies, and engage in the debate, the thinking and the activities
- Help define our own organizational sustainability strategy, goals, and priorities
- Research and draft original content for reports, slide decks, and other communications
- Closely support marketing, communications and HR teams globally with on-going projects such as communication strategy, stakeholder engagement, reports etc.
- In conjunction with other senior team members, build partnerships with organizations in the sustainability and circular economy space
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (engineering, environmental science etc.)
- Ideally a further degree in sustainability or equivalent, or an MBA
- Approximately four years’ experience working in a sustainability role for an NGO, consultancy/advisory or equivalent, circular economy space and sustainability
- Experience in supply chain
- Be able to demonstrate professional/research interest in sustainability related topics and communications
- Have experience with sustainability reporting frameworks and ratings/rankings is a plus
- Enjoy writing and can craft compelling copy and narratives, distilling complex topics into engaging deliverables.
- Be enthusiastic about desktop research and can review and digest large amounts of information with a keen and patient eye, pulling out relevant insights and content
- Be an action-oriented team player that works quickly and independently (a self-starter)
- Organized, rigorous, and able to structure your time with multiple projects and tasks
- Be fun, positive, engaging and inquisitive
OnProcess Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.