Seller Integration Specialist – Job Description & Eligibility
Role Description & Responsibility
- The SIS’s primary responsibility is to establish B2B (business-to-business) integration between a buyer and their suppliers by connecting them on the Ariba Network via an electronic method of exchanging business documents.
- Coordinate SI with cross-functional teams to establish a successful seller integration program for buyers on the Ariba Network.
- Educating the customer on the deployment process and associated roles and responsibilities, creating a plan and strategy for supplier integration, assisting with requirements gathering, creating technical documentation that contains seller integration best-practices, managing the onboarding of electronically integrated sellers, and facilitating solution testing.
- Also, collaborate with other team members to impact the customer’s overall success and satisfaction.
- Core responsibilities:
- SIS serves as the Ariba Network expert on integration options for sellers. SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway (CIG) is the platform sellers use to connect to the Ariba Network. SIS will be the sellers’ main contact for assistance with the connectivity options available on CIG and the requirements of CIG.
- SIS work is project-based. The projects are generally termed engagements from when a customer is initially “kicking off” their deployment of SAP Ariba SCC and the solution’s transactional “go-live”. The project lifecycle follows the SAP Activate adoption framework with phases consisting of Prepare, Explore, Realize, and Deploy.
- SIS will support multiple buyer customers concurrently, and each will have multiple suppliers being integrated. Each project is unique, but SI will find the common threads between different assignments and use the experience to better deliver future assignments linking trading partners on SAP Ariba SCC.
Education, Experience & Technical required:
- Should have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in project management, business consulting, or a related field. Professional experience in the fields of eCommerce, B2B, EDI, or systems integration would be most applicable to this position.
- Should have a strong understanding of how documents flow and data is translated between trading partners.
- Should have worked extensively with the EDI X12 and EDIFACT business document format and your knowledge of it is advanced. To support XML-based standards, understand the structure of XML documents and the specification rules defined within DTDs and XSDs. Beyond EDI X12, experience with business document formats such as cXML, IDoc, OAGIS, PIDX, GUSI, and others are preferred.
- Should be familiar with the communication protocols used to exchange business documents such as VAN, AS2, HTTPS post, etc. Understand how digital certificate-based encryption and authentication secure such communication protocols.
- Should have conceptual knowledge of ERP and middleware systems and how they are used to automate business processes and link systems in B2B integration.
- Should be experienced in deploying cloud-based technologies; understand its integration and implementation challenges as well as the benefits.
- Should be proficient in common software productivity tools like Microsoft Office. Experience in using software tools designed specifically to support system integration work such as XML / EDI editors (like Altova XMLSpy, Oxygen XML Editor, Liaison EDI Notepad, cXML, CompareIT), API/Web Service testing tools (like Postman, SoapUI, Telerik Fiddler), and others.
- English Verbal and Written communication Skill is a must.