The Director of Digital Service and Automation Delivery is a seasoned emerging technology senior leader who will play a key strategic role, leading the transformation of the Contact Center digital self-service capabilities. This role will analyze the existing Contact Center technology platforms and digital assets, as well as the emerging technology landscape and customer journeys in close partnership with the Operations and Account Management teams. In partnership with Business Technology Services, Marketing, Account Management and Operations, create a cohesive, cross-functional architectural vision and deployment roadmap that drives digital adoption and value creation for the company, customers, and shareholders. Build out a highly skilled A.I. delivery engine that completes iron clad requirements for all automation BOTs and platforms to deliver initiatives on time, on budget and with expected results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and lead a global Digital service and automation team across multiple cities and countries.
- Responsible for providing thought leadership on developing, directing, and managing the end-to-end innovation and technology strategic roadmap, programs and operational management of platforms that deliver best in-class solutions, processes and support that constantly exceeds key customer experience metrics and operational efficiency targets.
- Drive customer-facing digital transformation by leveraging journeys, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotic Process Automations (RPAs) and analytics
- Accountable to automate greater than 50% of key customer interactions with high quality so that the experience is seamless and frictionless for the customer.
- Working with vendors and business stakeholders, analyze customer journeys and data to implement AI technologies (NLP/NLU, ML, DL, RPA, Speech and Text) which seek to increase non-voice penetration and real-time customer context and sentiment analysis
- In a highly matrix and outsourced technology environment, lead a team of Solution Architects, UC Engineers, BSS/OSS developers, UX/UI designers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and vendors that support the day-today and change management requests of all Contact Center agents across our international geography.
- Conduct complex technology budget analysis, while creating and evaluating business cases and ROI studies that deliver value to the architectural governance process ensuring appropriate investment in strategically relevant and financially appropriate technology
- Lead a team that drives self-service and automation program and process improvement initiatives, delivering process change into the Contact Centers through use of cutting-edge technology.
- Communicate effectively with the Operations Support teams for coordination of training with the Learning and Development team as our new technology initiatives are launched.
- In partnership with internal IT/Salesforce and Tech team, responsible for the ongoing anticipation and evaluation of future technology needs based on the overall business strategy to lead a continuous prototyping/proof-of-concept (POC) pipeline for CX innovation Collaborate with the executive leadership team to define and coordinate business and customer care strategies with a strong focus on customer satisfaction/retention and team member enrichment.
- Create a work environment that continually promotes quality and team member effectiveness, consistently attracts new talent to the business at all levels and retains key high performers and high potential team members.
- Focus on quality to improve operational excellence.
- Review and evaluate, on a continuing basis, the team’s performance against annual operating and strategic goals.
- Develop and quantify an automation KPI plan and/or operational efficiencies strategy that will enhance our financial performance across the board; from a GP, EBITDA, LPR or revenue by agent standpoint.
- Work jointly with Solutions, Account Management and/or New Logos to develop new Automation, AI, self/service solutions, etc. right from the solutions stage and/or deal review process.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with our Legal and Compliance internal team to make sure all automation strategies and/or actions are within Company and contractual compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/Telecommunications
- Master’s degree in Engineering or an MBA with specialization in technology management
- PMI’s PMP and ITIL certifications are desirable
- AI and ML certifications are considered strong assets
- 5+ years of experience working in a progressive technical operation, telecommunications or related environment
- 5+ years of demonstrated senior management and technical level experience in managing Customer Experience (CEX) and Contact Center Technology change programs/projects, processes and teams
- In-depth knowledge of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies and applications in business environments
- Experience with deploying conversational AI (chatbots/virtual assistants) and VUI/Voice User Interfaces Experience in evaluating, deploying, managing, and optimizing Contact Center Technology platforms which cover key components such as PBX/ACD, IVR, WFM, Quality Management (Call Recording, Screen Recording, Speech Analytics), Outbound Dialers, Non-Voice channels (e.g. SMS, Email, WhatsApp, Facebook, Apple Business Chat)
- Proven leader and motivator, with deep experience building and leading large global customer care innovation and tech systems delivery teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to manage ambiguity while planning and syncing for results.
- Has driven teams through rapid growth and global expansion at scale and understand the criticality of operational excellence.
- Has successfully evaluated internal contact center processes and work-flows and has clearly revamped/optimized/monetized processes.
- Created road maps and strategies to manage first cycle of implementations with the ability to optimize around upsells.
- Strong business and technical acumen to bridge the gap and provide clarity between Marketing, Customer Experience, Sales, Account Management, and IT to deliver successful innovation strategies, programs and projects
- Proven experience in large and complex technical efforts including cross-functional agile teams
- Lead the integration of multiple and disparate channels into a cohesive functional and technical roadmap for an effective agent and customer experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Strong Financial leadership and thorough understanding of building business cases that lead to strong ROI models
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Power BI)
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Must be able to lift, bend, etc.
- Must possess sight/hearing/speech senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Quiet and limited distraction work from home environment
OnProcess Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.