The Technical Services Manager (TSM) role represents the technology organization within the business. TSM’s act as the primary points of contact for Technology Services within OnProcess. The role will require a passionate, business-oriented technology expert who can provide oversight and management of demand management processes, coordinating demand to the right teams within the Business Technology Services (BTS) organization, supporting new business discussions and managing business expectations on the overall delivery of BTS technology services and strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to get into the details while providing strategic, technical, and operational expertise and guidance while also bringing creativity, vision, and passion to the BTS technology organization and its service offerings.
Along with OnProcess account management and customer success teams, TSM’s play a critical role in the development of the company’s holistic technology strategy (customer acquisition and retention and contributing into the product roadmap development). This may include proposal writing, product pricing, commercial modeling, requirements gathering and driving product demos. The TSM will ensure that all proposed technology products are aligned with the broader OnProcess business strategy and its capabilities supporting operational strategies. Working with both new and existing clients will be a core component of this role, therefore the TSM will have regular client contact at all levels and be responsible for building exceptional and effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders as a result, including presenting to executive level personnel. The TSM will also support BTS with internal and client facing governance, provide thought-leadership, technical guidance, and expertise to ensure thorough planning and execution while assessing both operational and commercial risks.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in partnership with internal business and functional teams as a technology partner in communicating and coordinating delivery of technology services from Business Technology Services (BTS).
- Support the Demand Management and Change Management processes, partnering with the business on production of high-quality requirements and with BTS delivery organization on timely deliverables.
- Provide the business with a single point of contact for issues and escalations relative to BTS technology services.
- Offer SME guidance to technical teams on software engineering best practices. This includes processes for managing a code base, documenting technical requirements, testing, and architecture design decisions.
- Support new business via providing high-quality product technology sales collateral, answering questions regarding OnProcess technology product and/or providing product demos to internal and external audiences.
- Provide guidance and coaching to customers and OnProcess business as they navigate their organizations to establish technology best practices and processes to the best of their capabilities.
- Identify weaknesses, risks, and inefficiencies in operational processes.
- Work in partnership with internal functional teams as a technology partner in forwarding business capabilities.
- Support all regionally based business development and sales community on key BTS capabilities and products.
- Ensure all BTS commercial models are approved by BTS Senior Management prior to submission to customers.
- Ensure all BTS technology solutions are reviewed and approved by Product and Development leadership prior to submission to customers.
- Manage customer demands (internal and external new and existing), on the BTS Tech Stack Portfolio to inform product roadmaps and strategic investments.
- Active member of the regional business development and sales community.
- Leverage and inspire Design Thinking to engage with customers, find unknown business challenges and design innovative solutions leveraging the OnProcess business proposition to create compelling solution offerings in partnership with our customers.
- Some travel will be required, adhering to Covid safe guidelines.
- Ultimately accountable for leading all major BTS tasks supporting business development activities in region to ensure integrity and alignment with BTS product strategy.
- Ability to build a strong network, motivate without direct authority, set clear deadlines, deliverables, and dependencies which ensures BTS has the right resources available to successfully deliver on all supported projects.
- Proven ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong and proven ability to plan, organize and drive change.
- Understanding of OPT’ business priorities and service needs.
- Familiarity of the business needs of OnProcess’ key clients and the needs and trends of key industries supported.
- A highly articulate, customer facing individual with at least 10+ years relevant experience who must possess the business knowledge necessary to align technology-related decisions with the organization’s goals, including delivering the benefits of OnProcess technology to clients
- A master at relationship management, exceptional communicator, and presenter with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the business and, in a client environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field, advanced degree preferred; comparable levels of combined education and experience will be considered
- 5+ years’ experience in the technology solutions and implementation of complex, outsourced supply chain and/or communication supply chain process and systems solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in the systems design and development process, including business analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation, and operational management
- 5+ Years’ experience in a software engineering and/or software support role building enterprise applications
- Strong familiarity with information security, risk management, and complex industry compliance requirements
- Proven International business experience across a wide breadth of customer sectors (experience in Technology, Manufacturing or Industrial/Automotive preferred)
- Ability to build a strong network throughout a cross-functional, matrix management environment. Motivate without direct authority, set clear deadlines, deliverables, and dependencies which ensure that the right resources are available to successfully deliver all defined programs
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Familiar with Project Management methodologies (PMP preferred but not required)
- Analytical thinker and problem solver with the ability to navigate through challenging situations in the most professional manner possible
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and interact with partners and customers directly
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed, with top-notch interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Positive, organized, and proactive, tenacious with an enthusiasm to support the business
- Integrity, personal drive, and enthusiasm which motivates people and inspires the highest professional standards
- Commercially astute with strong understanding of cost models and budget management
- Must be authorized to work in the US or Costa Rica
- 1 Will perform repeated movements that involve fingers, wrists and hands
- Constant movement of office machinery such as laptop, printer, paper, folder, headset, etc.
- Assessment of neatness and accuracy of work presented at all times
- Remaining in stationery position often sitting or standing for a prolonged period of time
- Quiet and limited distraction work from home environment
OnProcess Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.