Job Description Overview
The primary objective of the Supply Operations team is to ensure that the supply chain is focused on supporting the needs of the business; through the timely delivery of high quality and cost effective products from a competitive supply base. Positioning inventory throughout the supply chain while ensuring excess and obsolescence is minimized is a core objective.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Order Management Manager is responsible for managing and supporting several business areas within Order Management:
- Order Management – The ODM Manager has responsibility for managing customer order activity through the order fulfillment cycle. Responds to customer inquiries by researching status for shipments, past dues and expedites. The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and requires independent analysis, decision-making skills and using prior experience and knowledge of company policies and procedures to resolve non-standard problems.
- The ODM Manager has a significant impact to the financial management of revenue stream. The individual is required to work with various departments and levels of management to resolve customer issues. The ODM Manager will demonstrate expertise in problem solving, bringing new ideas and creative solutions to existing processes and issues. This individual will act as a mentor by providing leadership and expertise within the department. The ODM Manager will also serve as an escalation point to assist in resolving issues with orders.
- Project Management – the ODM Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Training – the ODM Manager will have strong interpersonal and verbal skills. In addition, the individual must have a good understanding of how all departments function, together with special competence in the particular areas of Order Management and Supply Chain. This individual will act as a mentor by providing leadership and expertise within the department.
- Manage and develop resources and team members to perform efficiently and effectively.
- Provide strong leadership to the staff members in order to be able to manage their performance
- Monitor and measure the KPI of the team and ensure delivery of all RFCs as per the agreed SLA with the customer
- Act an escalation point in service transition.
- Recruitment of team members.
- Manage the service improvement plan related to the team.
- Represents the team in the customer meeting & service reviews.
- Define clear SMART goals, objectives and career development plans to all team members, and responsible for the team performance management.
- Contribute to the “Service Transition process & procedure improvements” to increase the team’s productivity and lower the number of incoming escalations within his/her team.
- Schedule staff training, leaves requests, rosters and fulfill overall staff administrative requirements.
- Auditing the team member’s performance and quality of work in order to enhance the global management performance for the team.
- Coach the team to assess, develop & plan implementation schedules to ensure the best service quality offered.
- Assist the team to overcome day to day work problems or complications that might arise.
- Ensure that the team is well equipped with all basic knowledge & technical skills required needed to perform tasks assigned
- Ensure that the team meets or exceeds the targets set by the management with regards to:
- Customer Satisfaction
- All other duties as assigned.
- Communications Management: Internal and external communications and management reporting. Provided visibility into the status and progress of activities and dependencies across the organization.Risk ManagementEnsure early capture of risks and preparation of mitigation plan
- Decision Making, Authority: Full accountability for all elements within the team. Works autonomously to ensure service implementation within committed timeframes and meeting major milestones. Demonstrates initiative in proactively identifying and resolving problems that can potentially jeopardize team performance. Escalation Authority empowered to escalate to higher levels of management
Skill and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or over 5 years International Supply Chain order management experience.
- International Supply Chain domain knowledge is must.
- Understanding of Supply Chain sales processes and systems, including Baxter LYNX.
- Knowledge and interpretation of order statuses in the sales and after sales arenas.
- Good understanding of ERP system order flows from order creation, compliance and finance checks, routing, scheduling and shipment through to accounts receivable interfaces.
- Understanding at the basic level of compliance & duties as relates to international shipment of product, including incoterms, tax codes etc.
- Ability to manage customer and/or supplier relationships in a positive manner.
- Relationship-building skills, including with external suppliers and/or stakeholders.
- Problem-solving, analytical and prioritization skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills
- Fluency in English
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, macro, etc.
- Should have exporsure to different continents, regions, cultures.
- Good leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Ability to manage human capital across multiple teams and locations to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.