A. Job Role
This is the manager role of global span, in the Data Operations domain, who is responsible for transforming a scalable and efficient Data Operations function for both on-prem SQL and Azure environment, – which includes but not limited to, automated customer feed processes within precision time windows and maintaining data-integrity, daily executional management of the Data Ops function, provide SME guidance for all technical items, plan-implement-track and deliver projects, manage escalations both technically and business wise. This is a mix of hands-on and managerial role having around 2/3 direct reports in the same domain, and it is an offshore position based out of India, having predominantly US shifts. Travel if at all required, which is driven by business requirements, can be international as well.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Feed Management – Ownership, Define and Control • Understand end-to-end customer feed management process – on prem SQL & Azure • Define standard feed process service scope and catalog for the function. • Participate in feed process requirement discussion during new account solutions stage • API integration project handling with customer environment both feed exchange/receipt • Technical implementation of the actual feed design process • Define Hand-off processes – receiving from solutions team, providing to monitoring team • Lead technical conversations with internal peer teams/client technical teams • Continuous review and improvement to mitigate potential vulnerabilities for feed failures. • Manage escalations both internally and externally with client teams.
2. Job-Automation & Monitoring Mechanism • Create automated jobs for all feed process routine – with pipelines in Azure. • Setting up & defining alert mechanism – both for SQL on-prem using Visual Cron and on Azure • Establish alerting, monitoring and escalation process for all jobs managed by Data Ops. • Load balancing and distribution of jobs for the servers for the job-automation platform. • Timely patch update of the automation server -ensuring all active jobs remain supported. • Always maintain, an updated document of all automated jobs, feed jobs, tasks etc. • Maintain and update service-desk support processes in collaboration with peer teams. • Design reconciliation reports for all active jobs.
OnProcess Technology – Business Technology Services Page 2 of 2 Job Description Internal & Restricted
3. Project Management • Design end-to-end processes to migrate data from on-prem SQL environment to Azure • Planning and execution for Azure integration with other platforms and tools like Salesforce • Lead integration projects with client systems and platforms for data extraction and exports
4. Data Updates • Understand DB update requirements outside the defined flow – as raised by business and account management teams • Review feasibility, risk, conflicts with other requirements and engage with peer functional teams as necessary, to create action plan for execution of such updates
5. Escalation Management: • Lead complete escalation of all related data-oriented issues for the domain. • Updating senior levels and customer acing teams on all updates about such escalations.
C. Qualifications and Work Experience • B.E./B. Tech/ MCA/ M. Sc – preferably in Computers, IT • 12/14 years of sound professional experience in Database management, DBA roles, back-end designing of database driven applications, job-automation, cloud data systems. Tier-3 database-oriented support in high-end operational delivery role and technically rich environments. • Managing multi-party technical conversations and business communication .
D. Essential Skills
• Strong databases/SQL skills and in application architecture, familiarity with a DBA role • Working experience in Azure • Development of stored procedures, ETL packages. • Direct process knowledge of job-automation, familiarity with programming concepts • Tenacity to deal with volumes of data and identify issues at very granular level. • Good comprehension skills to deal with dynamic and versatile data related requirements • Natural leader reporting into senior level roles and able to manage tensed conversations • Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-demand situations • Strong verbal and written communication skills, documentation/presentation capabilities • Knowledge of Office tools • Flexibility towards work schedules • 5-day work week, but requires 24×7 availability • Be self-motivated, innovative, highly accountable and carries integrity