The Accountant,GL will be an integral part of the Accounting Team and will work under the direction of the Corporate Controller.
The Accountant,GL will be responsible for general accounting functions including preparing journal entries, entering deposits, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account reconciliations in accordance with GAAP. Assists with monthly closings, account analysis, prepare journal entries, reconcile financial statements and accounts, and ensure data accuracy. He/She/They will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks related to general accounting and financial analysis activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare journal entries with supporting documentation to ensure accuracy and sufficiency of audit trail.
- Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing reports.
- Ensure accounting records are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and comply with financial internal controls.
- Maintain familiarity with reporting for subsidiaries.
- Work with confidential data in an effective, professional manner that maintains the integrity of the data and processes.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and validate the accuracy and reasonableness of account balances.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies
- Provide appropriate supporting documentation for account balances
- Communicate frequently with the Finance Team to discuss accounting or other issues that may impact the timeliness and/or reliability of financial results.
- Assist with year-end audit preparation, ad hoc reporting, and financial analyses as required.
- Work with others in Finance or other departments as needed to identify and propose solutions to potential accounting issues.
- Assist with year-end preparation of data used in corporate tax filing
- Review monthly reports from foreign subsidiaries
- Search as Primary backup on various processes as identified
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years accounting experience, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger
- Hands-on knowledge of accounting software required (NetSuite preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Outlook — PowerPoint and Access experience desirable
- Self-Starter with initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Google applications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong accounting fundamentals
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to document and adhere to accounting policies and procedures
- High degree of integrity and commitment. Ability to handle information of a confidential nature and ensure that such information is secured and maintained in an appropriate manner.
- Effective time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently to meet established deadlines
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, and work independently while maintaining good communication with peers and supervisor
- Ability to identify and recommend changes to accounting processes and/or systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in working with accounting systems and designing and maintaining spreadsheets with a focus on Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to perform ad hoc reporting and other tasks as needed in a demanding financial environment.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts, and display good interpersonal skills – cooperative, courteous, flexible
- Problem-solving skills – strong problem-solving skills, analyze data and search for inconsistencies, reconcile inconsistencies and devise solutions to errors
- Accounting functions – knowledge of technical accounting functions, financial record keeping and bookkeeping
- Auditing experience – auditing financial statements and documents requires a strong eye for errors and inconsistencies. Correct mistakes as necessary and are comfortable interpreting the accuracy of financial documents
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Must be able to lift, bend, etc.
- Must possess sight/hearing/speech senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Quiet and limited distraction work from home environment
OnProcess Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.