The Data Engineer III will be part of a team responsible for designing, building, optimizing and maintaining our data and data pipeline architecture. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer III will be responsible to ensure data consistency, integrity and traceability while maintaining the highest level of data protection and security. The Data Engineer III must be comfortable leading and supporting multiple teams, system and projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze and organize raw data from multiple sources
- Design, build or implement data pipelines along with supporting infrastructure
- Create data processing architectures supporting the entire data lifecycle
- Assemble large, complex datasets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Build automations and repeatable patterns to improve data processing efficiency
- Support maintenance of existing data pipelines and architectures with a view to optimization
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Lead and support several data efforts simultaneously
- Manage data engineering team members
- Understand business needs and objectives
- Maintain strict data security controls and standards
- Collaborate with data scientists and analytics teams
- Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Adhere to data management best practices and maintain detailed documentation
- Proven experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with raw, structured and unstructured datasets.
- Proven experience building and supporting processes for data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from datasets.
- Solid knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- 8+ years in data engineering experience
- Relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Passionate about solving real problems
- Strong project management experience and able to work closely with project managers
- Self-assured and results oriented professional with an ownership mentality
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills both virtually and in person
- Able to manage and support numerous complex projects simultaneously
- Experience with day-to-day team management including onboarding, continuous training/upskilling and career development.
- Able to delegate tasks and assign workloads while communicating progress updates to leadership and other teams
- Experience working with geographically disperse teams
- Experience including design and build with ETL, ELT tools and workflows
- Experience including design and build with scripting in a data engineering context (Python experience a plus)
- Experience including design and build with common database technologies including SQL, NoSQL, Parquet
- Experience including design and build with cloud based database and data pipeline technologies (Azure experience a plus)
- Experience with version control and dev ops pipelines
OnProcess Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.