We’re on a bit of a mission at OnProcess. We are helping the world’s service supply chains get a whole lot better. Why? Because we believe that great customer service is a necessity, digital innovation is a game-changer and a new approach towards the ‘circular’ supply chain will drive dramatic sustainability benefits to the world – and we are making all this happen.
We are looking for an equally passionate, smart individual who as Director of Platform Engineering, will be accountable for the delivery of new product capability, ensuring teams work in the most impactful and efficient way towards the company objectives. You’ll be responsible for finding the right balance between short-term deliverables and mid- and long-term technical and business strategy while sharing the excitement of delivering world-class products that address the real business challenges in the service supply chain.
The successful candidate is a highly articulate, with at least 8 years Platform Engineering experience who must possess the business knowledge necessary to align technology-related decisions with the organization’s goals. The ideal candidate is a seasoned, mature engineering leader who is experienced in building high performing teams and developing staff.
You must have an ability to deep-dive on and challenge technical solutions to find the right compromise between product, business and engineering objectives, short-term and long-term, ensuring quality and reliability of the components your teams are responsible for.
The ideal candidate prioritizes well, communicates clearly, and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with engineering teams both within OnProcess and with our development partners. The preferred candidate has experience leading teams developing applications in Salesforce and Microsoft Azure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve.
- Partner with the Business and Platform product managers to execute development of the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the platform.
- Lead development of technology product via international teams – compromising key representation from in-house and partner resource (architects, Business analysts, developers etc)
- Support the overall narrative and story around a scalable platform-based product innovation model.
- Leveraging experience to drive understanding and adoption of platform-based approach to product engineering, and architecture teams across OnProcess.
- Evolve the architecture so that it remains best-in-class and a competitive advantage
- Manage the Engineering teams overseeing the delivery efforts of product activity
- Contribute strategic insights & forward-thinking ideas to continuously evolve and improve the product offering and value proposition
- High-caliber presentation skills, both in terms of preparing and delivering a strategic vision to large groups and senior leaders as an evangelist of the technology
- Lead vendor and technology selection activity with a view to maintaining and enhancing the strategic architecture, whilst continuing to support tactical client requirements.
- You have a technical background, including knowledge of frontend, backend, infrastructure and mobile application technologies, and experience in an agile environment, experience as a developer is a plus
- You have a full understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies.
- You have a pulse on current market trends, and can lead a build/buy assessment to determine the best option looking both at TCO, and potential competitive advantages
- You have an appreciation for and can navigate the tradeoffs between feature requests and building and refactoring technology for the long-term
- You understand migration complexity and overhead, costs, timelines, and legacy integrations required to make a new system functional.
- You have a deep interest in understanding engineers and customers; an expertise in contributing to new, reliable, and self-service platforms; and the ability to communicate your work through detailed documentation and architectural diagrams
- You understand the business and have a passion for the mission of the company
- You have experience in designing cloud architectures and implementing production infrastructures and applications in one or more cloud environments/technologies
- 8+ years of experience of platform engineering and technology product engineering
- 6+ years of experience as senior IT leader managing geographically dispersed teams
- 8+ years of experience of participating in multi-discipline engagements
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Must be able to lift, bend, etc.
- Must possess sight/hearing/speech senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
OnProcess Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.