We’re on a bit of a mission at OnProcess. We are helping the world’s service supply chains get a whole lot better. Why? Because we believe that great customer service is a necessity, digital innovation is a game-changer and a new approach towards the ‘circular’ supply chain will drive dramatic sustainability benefits to the world – and we are making all this happen.
OnProcess are market leaders in the provision of innovative, engaging and value driven parts supply chain solutions across a diverse range of sectors. Solutions provided by OnProcess span Service Parts Planning, Delivery and Recovery services and comprise multiple technical and non-technical components.
The Azure Data Architect will be part of a team responsible for designing, building, optimizing, and maintaining our data processing and data pipeline architecture specifically supporting our cloud based, Microsoft Azure environment. The Azure Data Architect is experienced bringing project requirements together using Azure services to enable data analysis, decision making and business data processing. The Azure Data Architect will be responsible that data is accessible, durable, scalable, and secure while leveraging a cloud first architecture and must be comfortable supporting multiple teams, systems, and projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the creation, implementation of data platform processing architectures enabling the entire data lifecycle
- Support building automations and repeatable patterns for deployment and monitoring of solutions
- Support maintenance of existing data pipelines and architectures with a view to optimization
- Establish and maintain database and data architecture standards and best practices
- Participate in the development of data architecture and roadmaps in support of business strategies
- Work with internal and external resources to develop robust ETL/ELT processes from a variety of data sources
- Work with other Azure architects and developers to integrate data solutions into overall service designs
- Understand business needs and objectives
- Maintain strict data security controls and standards
- Collaborate with data scientists and analytics teams
- Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Adhere to data management best practices and maintain detailed documentation
- Experience with Azure cloud services with a focus on data services including-
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Databricks
- Azure Event Hub
- Azure Data Explorer
- Azure Data Lake Storage
- Azure Database Services
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines and architectures.
- Experience designing and architecting data warehouses, data storage systems
- Experience with common database technologies including SQL, NoSQL, Parquet
- Proficiency in analysis tools (Excel, PowerBI, SSRS)
- Experience with scripting in a data engineering context (Python experience a plus)
- Experience with version control and dev ops pipelines
- Experience with ETL, ELT and other data ingestion pipelines
- 3+ years in data architect / cloud architect experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Passionate about solving real problems
- Self-assured and results oriented professional with an ownership mentality
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills both virtually and in person
- Able to manage and support numerous complex projects simultaneously
- Experience working with geographically disperse teams
Additional Nice to Have Qualifications
- Azure Data Fundamentals DP-900
- Azure Data Engineering DP-203
- Azure Data Administrator DP-300
- Azure Architect Technologies AZ-300
- Azure Architect Design AZ-301
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday
- Must possess sight/hearing/speech senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Quiet and limited distraction work from home environment
OnProcess Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.