MobileImproving Customer Satisfaction, Reducing CapEx and Remorse Returns for Mobile Carriers and OEMs
Mobile carriers and device manufacturers are struggling to differentiate in a market that has become increasingly commoditized. With carriers forced to compete on pricing, financing and promotions, margins are getting thinner, customer confusion and service costs are rising, and more customers are defecting. And, although there’s a lot of pressure to reduce CapEx, issues with Advanced Exchange programs and early-life, non-pay cancellations make this difficult thanks to high inventory acquisition costs resulting from customers not returning devices when they’re defective or payments are missed.
OEMs are feeling the pain, too, since carriers hold them responsible for remorse returns. Innovation is key to OEM success, but because carriers own the customer relationships, it’s difficult for OEMs to obtain the customer and device usage data they need to develop ever-more compelling products.
Learn more about how OnProcess Technology’s managed services can help boost profitability and customer satisfaction by transforming your back-office into a completely transparent, efficient and centralized operation.
OnProcess Technology enables mobile carriers and OEMs to overcome these challenges and achieve their goals. By transforming carriers’ post-sales supply chain into a completely transparent, efficient and unified operation, our managed services deliver the capabilities and insights needed to streamline onboarding, minimize remorse returns and accelerate advanced exchange and early-life, non-pay returns, all while improving the customer experience.
Our unique combination of technology-driven delivery, advanced analytics-based process improvements and service supply chain expertise enable us to transform customer service from reactive to proactive and predictive, and make a tangible impact on carrier and OEM businesses:
- Improve onboarding and customer satisfaction. By proactively educating carrier customers about promotions and device features, OnProcess’ mobile experts minimize the surprises and frustrations that often cause customers to defect. A major telecom provider improved NetRecommender scores by 9 points.
- Minimize remorse returns. By leveraging OnProcess’ advanced analytics and propensity modeling, we can predict which customers are at highest risk of remorse returns, and cost-effectively focus outbound service efforts on them. A leading mobile carrier reduced remorse returns by 25% and boosted average lifecycle revenue by $600,000 by working with OnProcess.
- Accelerate advanced exchanges and reduce inventory CapEx. Using OnProcess best practices and a multichannel communications approach, our dedicated team makes your customers aware of exchange processes and timelines, and speeds return of those valuable assets. Rogers Wireless, Canada’s largest wireless voice and data communications service provider, avoided $400K in refurbishment costs, projects $1M per year thanks to OnProcess educating its subscriber base about the need to unlock devices. A top mobile carrier realized a 50% improvement in day 30 recovery rates and recovered $6.6M annually from additional units.
- Recover more handsets, faster from early-life, non-pay cancellations. We combine data-driven insights with rules-based processes and analytics to determine the optimal time and method for starting an asset recovery, and which customers make the most fiscal sense to pursue. We focus on customers whose phones are far from obsolescence and use OnProcess-developed best practices to increase returns and accelerate velocity. This way, recovered phones can be reconditioned, refurbished or used for parts while they still have value—and carriers aren’t spending more on early-life, non-pay recovery programs than they gain from the recovery.
- Reduce operating expenses through proactive outreach and significantly lower inbound call volume.
- Provide OEMs with greater visibility into device adoption and feature usage. OEMs gain actionable insights that can inform product roadmaps, drive innovations and help reduce remorse returns.
OnProcess Managed Services for Mobile Carriers and OEMs
Our service supply chain pedigree and deep broadband market expertise enable OnProcess to rapidly deliver measureable, long-term results at scale through these post-sale supply chain services:
- Customer Education
- Remorse Returns
- Advanced Exchange
- Early-life, Non-Pay Lease and Finance Cancellations